Gunung Lambak is a mountain located in Peninsular Malaysia, the state of Kluang, Johor. It stands at 510m tall, offering a view of Kluang Town at the summit.
It is unclear if there is public transportation to the foot of the mountain. For drivers, Gunung Lambak is located at 2.027163, 103.357568 (maps). Getting to the trailhead is fairly straightforward via North South Highway. You will see signboards along the way once you are nearer to the above coordinates. There are proper parking lots and it is free at the foot of the mountain/resort.
- Starting from the toilet in front of the water park, walk up the flight of stairs.
- Walk along the tar road till you reach a hanging bridge.
- Cross the hanging bridge and continuing following the tar road
- The road will lead to a trail. Follow the trail till you see benches and a signboard “Selamat Datang Ke Gunung Lambak”.
- Turn right, there is an arrow showing the direction towards G. Lambak.
- Within a few minutes from the signboard, you will reach a “Tea House Shelter” on the right.
From here, there are three paths up the summit. The middle route is steeper than both the right and left route.
- Taking the left route, there are distance markers located around the trail showing the distance left till summit. At the summit, you will arrive at the communication tower first.
- Taking the right route, you will arrive to the hut first.
- Taking the middle route, you need to climb quite a steep trail. At certain parts of the trail, you have to use the rope provided.
It takes less than an hour to one and a half hours depends on your pace to summit. The summit is mark by a signboard, the communication tower and a hut.
Parking is free at the resort/foot of the mountain. No guide or permit fee is required.
Nearest Hospital: Pusat Pakar Kluang Utama – +60 7-772 8999 (maps) Address: Susur 1 Kampung Yap Tau Sah 86000 Kluang Johor, Malaysia
General Emergency Numbers: Police / Ambulance Tel: 999 / 112 from a mobile telephone
Fire and Rescue Department (known as Bomba) Tel: 994 / 112 from a mobile telephone
Civil Defence Tel: 991
You can shower at the waterpark by paying RM2 (unconfirmed) to use the showering facilities.