SHARE MY HIKES DESTINATION GUIDE:
SUMMARY Bukit Panorama is a hill located in Sugnei Lembing, 45km northwest of Kuantan.
Updates as of Sept 2017: Tabur West, East, Far East, Extreme and Extra are closed to public until further notice due to accidents. SUMMARY Also known as Bukit Hangus, Bukit Tabur is one of the oldest quartz ridge in the world.
SUMMARY: Pelepah waterfalls, also known as Lombong waterfalls is located near the town of Kota Tinggi, state of Johor, Peninsular Malaysia.
SUMMARY Standing at 1696 meters high, Gunung Jasar is located in the town of Tanah Rata at Cameron Highlands in Pahang, Malaysia.
SUMMARY Gunung Datuk is located at Rembau town, in the state of Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. Standing at 885 meters high, Gunung Datuk gives a 360 degree panorama view of the state. The summit is easily identified by the formation of huge rocks with steel ladders for assistance. TRANSPORTATION Gunung Datuk is located […]
SUMMARY Gunung Arong is a small hill located at Pennisular Malaysia, in the state of Mersing Johor. It stands at 273m and offers a view over the horizon of South China Sea. TRANSPORTATION It is not known if there are any public transportation services to the vicinity of the area. Getting to the trailhead […]
SUMMARY Pine Tree Trail is a hike located in Peninsula Malaysia, Pahang state, Fraser Hill. The peak of the trail stands at 1456 meters, which presents a view of the Titiwangsa range. TRANSPORTATION To get to the trailhead, you will first need to reach Fraser Hill. There are no public transportation directly to Fraser […]
SUMMARY Gunung Angsi is located in the Ulu Bendul Recreational Park, 20km from Seremban town, state of Negeri Sembilan, Peninsular Malaysia. Standing at 824m tall, Gunung Angsi is the 3rd tallest mountain in the Negeri Sembilan state. TRANSPORTATION TRAIL It takes approximately 3 hours to climb from the trail head to the […]
- 2 CommentsGetting lost can happen to anyone when you are in the outdoors. You think that you are on the right trail only to suddenly realize you haven’t seen a trail marker in over an hour. And when you try to retrace your steps to find your way out, you find that everything begins to look […]Continue Reading »
- No CommentsThere are many groups out there organising hiking trips to anyone who is keen to do hiking. Some are doing it as an interest group to earn some money while pursuing their passion for hiking. There are also the professional outfitters – tour agency operators who focus on doing organised hikes. Things are usually […]Continue Reading »
- 2 CommentsWHY WE LOVE HIKING? It is kind of already reflected in our name, Hikers For Life. We have been hiking for more than 10 years and have the intention to continue our hiking passion for the rest of our lives. So, why do we love hiking so much? Here are some of our reasons: We […]Continue Reading »
- 1 CommentThe level of satisfaction from completing a hike varies from one person to another. Usually satisfaction level will depend on if weather is nice during your hike, or the scenery that you see at the summit, or the group of friends you’re with or even the speed that you have hiked. For me, none of […]Continue Reading »
- No CommentsWhile randomly browsing Instagram pictures of fellow hikers, i came across the hashtag #gunungbaling and was stoked to find these beautiful pictures. Gunung Baling is a hike located in Kedah, which isn’t one of those nearby hikes where we can just head over for a weekend. Kedah is 700+ km away from Singapore, and even if you drive […]Continue Reading »